Employee Tuition Scholarship Fund
Related Forms and Brochures
Employee Tuition Scholarship guidelines and application
In recognition of the value of an education, Florida State University provides the opportunity
for the University's employees to take up to six hours of course work per semester. To be
eligible, employees must be a full-time (1.0 FTE), salaried (A&P, Faculty and USPS) employee
and if currently enrolled, be in good academic standing. This program started in the Fall Term
2001 and is reassessed on an ongoing basis.
Selected guidelines regarding the program are listed below. For complete details about the
program, please refer to the guidelines and application under related forms.
- No more than one course can be taken during regular business hours. The time away from work must be made up within the same pay period.
- The employee's supervisor and department head must approve all employee tuition scholarship applications.
- Courses taken through this program do not have to directly relate to an employee's job at FSU. The University recognizes that all education enhances an employee's abilities.
- The program applies to bachelors, masters and doctoral level courses, but it applies to regular courses only.
- Employees are able to enroll in classes during the regular registration period.
- Healthcare Compliance:
- IMMUNIZATIONS: Any student registering for classes at FSU in Tallahassee, regardless of the number of credit hours or whether the classes are in the classroom or on line, must complete the healthcare compliance packet. It can be found at www.healthcenter.fsu.edu on the forms page. It is the first form listed. Your ability to register for classes will be blocked until this requirement is met. This is a one-time requirement.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: Full-time main campus students must show proof of health insurance. The system assumes you are a full-time student and will block your ability to register until you contact the health compliance office at 644-3608 to enter a credit hour under-load into the insurance database for you for each term you attend classes. Your ability to register for classes will be blocked until this requirement is met.
*Information on the State Tuition Waiver for State employees (This form is for public employees of the State of Florida who DO NOT work at FSU. FSU employees must use the Employee Tuition Scholarship application, located at the top of this page.)